Liebster Blog Award
First off, thank you so much to Amanda, the creator of Faith Allure, for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award! If you have never heard of the LBA let me fill you in. This award is a fun way for bloggers to engage, discover new bloggers and recognize the hard work that goes into running sites like this.Plus, it’s a great way to get to know your favorite bloggers! Here are the questions left for me by Amanda…
- What made you decide to start blogging?
Really, I just wanted a special place where I could be myself, unapologetic and fully. A blog was the perfect way for me to express my style and connect with others who had similar interests. Now, A State of Ruin has become my little love child of creative outlet. ASOR has given me the tools I need to collaborate with amazing people and dive into a whole world of blogging wonder!
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
In a renovated small bus or van, traveling the states with my amazing partner, Dakota. A year-long adventure is in the planning stage right now. It will be our big “hoorah” once we have both received our masters.
- What are your favorite social media apps?
Instagram, for sure. I can shop, creep and get beauty/style tips all without leaving my bed. Its perfection.
- Five things in your handbag right now?
My wallet, pomade for my boyfriend’s luscious locks, a travel-size bag of makeup products, sunglasses and sunscreen (the sun is my enemy).
- Coffee or tea and what kind?
Neither! I am all water, all day long.
- What is your favorite feature about yourself?
I love my lips. They were my first stop in self-expression when I began playing around with unlikely lipstick colors as a child. Pucker up, babe!
- Tell me all about your favorite beauty product?
Recently, I have been all about Arbonne’s line of skincare, FC5. I am currently using the Hydrating Cleanser, Moisturizing Night Crème and the Exfoliating New Cell Scrub (amazing). Since using the products, the little bit of acne I fight with has practically disappeared. I use the cleanser and moisturizer daily but save the exfoliating scrub for a weekly treat to myself.
- All-time favorite midnight snack?
I have a weird obsession with eating watermelon when I come home late and am hungry. I don’t know why but watermelon is such a yummy midnight snack!
- Who inspires you and why?
My most influential inspiration has definitely been my mother. We may be the two most opposite human beings on the planet but she is a whirlwind of determination, hard work and confidence. There is nothing that stands in her way. Being surrounded by that energy my whole life has been life-changing.
- Insert your question here** Want to know anything else? Leave a comment below and I will answer!
My nominations for the Liebster Blog Award are Sarah Louise Porter, The Arrow House, Klinkerbell , Fab Under Fifty and Mostly Sugar. Respond to the questions below in a post, link back to your nominator (me), continue the nominations with your favorite bloggers and leave them 10 questions to answer, just like I did!
- What was your favorite outfit/piece of clothing as a child?
- What has been the best part of your blogging experience?
- Name three beauty products you can’t live without.
- What is your all-time favorite weird food combination?
- How would you describe your style?
- If you could have ten minutes in any store to grab whatever you wanted and get it for FREE, which store would you pick?
- Name the one place in your city that every outsider should visit.
- What is your favorite quote and why?
- Which post, in the history of your blog, is your favorite? Why? (Provide a link back to it so we can see it too!)
- What is your favorite disney/pixar movie?